Thursday, August 25, 2005

Morrie revisited

There's quite a few points which I find very apt in the recent times that I found in Tuesdays with Morrie.

"Mitch, I don't allow myself any more self-pity than that. A little each morning, a few tears, and that's all."

Sometimes, the problem is living in your own little world. Everything revolves around me me me. Me life, me time, me sob sob, me poor thing. Surely life sux, but there are people out there who are worse off. People who sees that their life sux and learn and grow from it recovers. And people who merely live their worse off lives continue to have worse off lives.

And it never matters if you have set yourself to do the very best in everything you do, get the As, love the family, love the dog, love the man. Sometimes, things just don't work out. And when that happens, you ask yourself, what then?

So you go to your friends and ask them, what then? You ask:

"Shouldn't the world stop? Don't they know what has happened to me?"

Unfortunately, the world don't. The world changes. People changes. People never remain the same for you.

It's not easy to get out of the little world and realise that you're not alone in this. In your little world, you are the only person who suffers so bad so bad. But the harsh truth is in many cases,

Who cares?

But I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this post.

2 comments:

cheeky said...

Yah, somtimes things just dun work out the way u wanted it. Anyway, dun get too downcast. I tend to indulge in sports whenever I'm moody. The adrenalin rush and sweat tend to uplift your mood. Maybe u can try it. Haha.

P.s: I read the book. But the essence of wat was said in the book has been told countless of times in other literary texts and films albeit in a different form that's all.

hui said...

I agree with you. Nothing that people don't know or spectacular. But strange isn't it, sometimes, something so simple, so everywhere is still not obvious to some.