Friday, October 10, 2008

A Splurge A Month.

Working is hard enough. It is important to self reward. Since June 2008, I have implemented a buy a gift for myself once a month, (excluding impulsive and/or inexpensive buys, or necessities). These once a months are things I usually will not buy, and may or may not be expensive. Should it be expensive this month, I will need self motivation to buy something less dear the next (or alternatively, work harder to get more commission to make it up).

So far my buys have been:

June: Bonia red shoes
July: Longchamp bag
Aug: 2 FCUK shirts
Sep: Braun Buffel wallet + my Hokkaido trip loots
Oct: Coach wristlet (although it's not yet time, but I have ordered it from NYC already!)

It's great to look forward to a splurge a month because I believe (at least in my line), the more you spend the more you earn! Ambitions and goals help.

Next up is digital SLR camera for my birthday month, but that I am not sure yet if I am up for learning the new skill. ;)

No comments: