Thursday, October 21, 2004

Ang Mohs Love Singapore

I guess we've always taken Singapore for granted. When the fellow exchange students here asked,

"hey we're going to Singapore, what should we do there?"

We took about 15 minutes to come up with a short list, feeling very skeptical about it, and thinking they're sure to come back and say Singapore is boring and expensive.

But behold, they came back wanting to become citizens of Singapore. They loved our airport and was amazed by the fact that 2 girls were standing at the escalator saying WELCOME TO SINGAPORE (I din get that! Did you? Did you?)

We came up with the idea that if he married one of us he can get citizenship, and he kinda bought it. Now the question is which one.

Oh yes, and the transportation system made a lot of sense, you get everywhere on public transport, everywhere is clean, people spoke English and everyone is friendly. People actually took them to the place they wanted to go even though it was out of the way. (I think I'd try to do that next time for the others, since I can totally understand their situation and wish to have the same treatment when I'm at somewhere unknown) They loved the Little India and Chinatown too!

All the talks about Singapore, plus the extreme scrutinising of friendster yesterday night (Hah I know who is attached and not now) made me miss Singapore so much. Yes so what if it is also as boring? SO what if Silly SMU is full of workaholics and ultra stressful?

It's still kinda where I belong, for now. I'm sure though in 3 months time, on the same blog, I'd be whining about how stupid my groupmates are wanting to meet up everyweek for the project, but let me live in my fantasy now.

I love Singapur

1 comment: