Monday, November 22, 2004

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

After a rather miserable paper (hence, we conclude we are not very philosophical), Rose and I headed to our favorite bookshop to buy a lifetime worth of brushes, paints, drawing paper and other what nots. Mind you, we have been quite artistic recently. If only I know how to post up the pictures on the blog (thank you imagestation for no longer hosting), I would have proven my point.

But for now, I can only brag about it.

Anyway, my exchange programme is really coming to an end. A lil' too fast, but because of all the things that I have experienced, I don't mind going home already (as I have probably said 100 times before). Seriously, I have never ever been to hospitals so many times in my life, so many bus rides in my life, so many boat trips in my life, seen so many different beaches in my life, been away from home so long in my life, experience so many different emotions so many times in my life within this 4 months as compared to my other 238 months of my life. Of course there are things which we will say, if we could do it all over again, we wouldn't this and that. But I will still come here, and even though things are as unpleasant as can be, it's probably a learning process for all of us. Too bad we have to learn it the hard way. But the thing is, we learned.

I don't know how things will be when we return, if life goes on as per normal. I still have 1 month and 8 days away from Singapore, and this last 1 month will be yet another form of experience, of which I am praying hard, will not include foul emotions. But then again, quoting a very philosophical idea of Determinism, perhaps all things are predestined.

P.S. SMU starts school on the 4th Jan! WTF!

No comments: