Thursday, December 30, 2004

My somewhat close shave

Dear all worried stricken friends

I am okay. Sorry for not calling back, that's because I only have 3 baht left in the Sim card Ping left me and 2 baht in my international calling card, hence technically rendered useless except to recieve calls of relieve and to nag at me for what I have mentioned earlier.

But honestly (and chou!) I might not have been that okay. I was almost to go to Ko Phi Phi actually. On the very evening the day Tsunami happened. But the cab driver (who I will definitely treat to a meal and drinks if only I can remember how he looks like) who was listening to the radio suddenly announced in his broken English to us about the tragedy, like he knew we were going that evening. And that freaked us out.

Flew to an internet cafe and read the news, and then we went to change the destination. So I was instead near Cambodia and not down South.

Anyway for those who are interested in the situation in Bangkok (I have yet been here for 10 hours, and the last 6 was spent sleeping). But it doesn't seem as chaotic as Hiao Hiao thought it will be (*winks*) but I have yet gone to the airport. Khao San seems quite peaceful although the rooms are more packed than a few days back because of the stranded tourists who were to travel down I think.

They are also in need of ang moh blood, which I just found out that it is actually different from Asian blood. RH-. What blood type is that?

And His Majesty the King lost his grandson in Phuket, and they were doing tributes on TV for him.

What a somewhat close shave for me. We have discussed that even if we have board the bus we will just be stranded at Krabi and refused onto Phi Phi, which means wasted trip and perhaps not that much of a danger, but it is indeed close enough for me to not even go through it. The thought of what that had happened could have happened is beyond what I would like to imagine. And let's keep it as that.

For tommorrow, I will be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi effY, You have a pretty cool blog site. If you are interested, go see my Weird Ebay Auctions site. You can't help but wonder, do people really sell this stuff??

Anonymous said...

Hi effY, You have a pretty cool blog site. If you are interested, go see my strange auctions site. You can't help but wonder, do people really sell this stuff??