Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Are you the last?



I used to own this set of Russian dolls my dad bought for me. I was probably 5 or 6. I remember unscrewing each of the dolls, revealing a smaller one of a different colored head-dress and costume, one by one till the smallest one. I had a particular preference for the smallest, it was red. Well it was most likely because it was so cute, so tiny and was of one solid colour because it was too small to be painted on. I even remember the smell of the dolls.

I wonder where they are now, I've forgotten all about them until today.

I like the show. Not as much as my latest crush V, but it's good fun to watch. One thing I really liked about the movie (other than the fact that there were parts of the show filmed in London and it wasn't gloomy AND/OR raining) was the symbolic reference of love like Russian dolls. The long line of girls (or guys for that matter) you have to know (or you can think literally '(un)screw') till you get to the last. And you just keep wondering is this the last? Then oops sorry here's another. Life is just like a pursue of getting to the last doll, that day where you can finally choose that one person out of the 4 billion others you want to spend the rest of your life with.

It's a silly romantic story yes, and the ending is a lil' too postcard pretty. But heck, we all love cliches don't we.

Maybe this sort of explains why I love the smallest doll most.

There was one part of the movie that was so painfully deja vu though. Like right on, you just got it! Yeah! Me too! I knew, and you went, so good bye.


By the way, I am so disappointed with the new Cathay. The Cathay they call it. I was still hoping it would retain a little bit of the old charms, but no, guess what, it is just a freaking Shopping Mall with a cineplex inside. I miss the Orange Julius outside. Now there is Cheers, and Ya Kun, and I'm almost sure that Giodano and Bossini and Hang Ten will be there too. How absolutely clinically identical like every other cinemas we have, from Tampines Mall to Jurong Point.

Thanks for the great company. I love the Ramen most though :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I'm surprised that even through all that snorting and nose blowing you could actually ~taste~ the ramen... hahaha

1 ramen shop down, 9 more to go... before you go.

(+ 1 Playstation!)

hui said...

Another anonymous man told me that following the fact that the smallest russian doll is my true love, he has to be right about 4 feet tall.

Gnome mage, maybe. :P