Tuesday, May 05, 2009

15km/h

Nothing mathematical, just came up with that number randomly. I believe (with absolutely no evidence at all) this was the speed I was at before the big fall.

Anyways, a trip to an Orthopedic and a hip x-ray later, I am at home resting. Still working from home, but welcoming the good break.

Was touched twice today - of a random jc classmate calling to have lunch with me (after donkey years) and of my bro's comment in my previous post below.

I always felt that I am a very ordinary person leading an ordinary life, hearing how I created an impact in my brother's life made me very happy.

In other news, some unknown force decided to make me do some things in life.

I have picked up reading once again. This time round, I am no longer reading trashy fiction (which is good for the soul and form of relaxation) but now, self help / leadership books to build up my character. I want to remember what I read and apply it

Books I've read in the past few months:

John C Maxwell - 21 laws of leadership and (reading) Leadership Gold
Robin Sharma - The Greatness Guide and The monk who sold his ferrari
Dale Carnagie - (reading) How to win friends & influence people
Brian Tracy - (reading) Crunch point

Not the most exciting books, and I love reading 2 or 3 at a go. It helps make it easier to digest. I also bought a very beautiful book to write down my learning journal of leadership and skill building.

Remember, the difference between a worker and a manager is not in the skill of that person. The Head of Engineering department may not know more technical stuff than a typical Engineer, but it is the human skills that allows him to make a few times more salary. So why don't you start building your skills today?

I have also stopped being a bo chup bride and started my engine going (tiny steps at a go). With the bridal package signed, first fitting coming up, my wedding card selecting process in progress, I am on a roll!

Next, things I want to do :

I am inspired to get in touch with one friend every 2 months (must start my goal small) - meeting up with at least 1 old friend for coffee / lunch / dinner every 2 months. With technology at my finger tips, there should be no excuse that cannot find.

I will need to buy 'the shoe' after the fitting and knowing the colour of my gown and eveninggown. I am incline to get a pair of white shoes no matter - cos I just lurve white.

Stay healthy, drink my vitamin C, wash my face every day and DIY home spa once a week to pamper myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad I made you smile.