Wednesday, November 19, 2003

A potential ego post to some, but indeed truly entertaining

Triggered off by what someone said - I am full of surprises. And why? That's because I keep changing my hair color, till a point where it is really no surprise to see something different everytime. And really different.

And guess what, I have to embarrassingly agree.

Just for fun, this is a tribute to the many hair colors I have done.

The timeline of my hair, as far as I could remember.

I obviously was borned with black hair. During JC, it was those mahagony brown days, hence not that worth posting.

When I was about to become a freshie, during convo (hence the initiation period, here was my hair. Pretty ugly, really, but what to do.


Then I became a freshman official, and my hair was bleached orange streaks by a friend, as below.


When I then became friends with Ping and developed the friendship, we soon realised our fetish for hair colors and hence went to get ash blonde hair with ash streaks.


Ping, decided to be a packet of french fries.


And alas, see my hair condition after the few bleaches.


So after a while we decided that being too blonde was too loud. (Seriously it's 2 blondes we are talking about, friends say they can never miss us in the crowd, ZP even mumbled AH LIAN under her breathe when she was walking towards us not knowing it was her friends she was mumbling about). Hence, blue black hair.


It faded off within weeks and I was back to my blondie status. Undeterred, I tried to change. Now to deep red with orange and red streaks. Was, really quite red.


Reds don't last, I realised. It faded to some brownish blonde color (AGAIN!) So to touch up the roots, I simply bought off drugstore shelves, some blonde or brown or whatever color dye.


Around that time, dear ZP was kinda also affected by this hair coloring frenzy, just as we were about to warn her about the mee sua sydrome, she bleached her whole head too. HAI!

Anyway, after that, I sought new hairdo again and tried to have purplish deep tone with pink underneaths. Picture below is of an already faded pink --> orange bottom. But the idea was there.


Finally decided to be a Chinese again, I dyed my hair jet black. And this lasted for the whole summer plus my 3rd year 1st semster. Was quite a hit, people loved to see me au natural I guess. Dunno.


But finally sian of it, I colored my hair again, this time, inspired by the paint-drop-on-the-head look. A failed pink, turned copper red-orange, but fundamentally black.


What a colorful world.

No comments: