Thursday, May 05, 2005

My Peace



I found a great place near my house. And it's really tiny because the running track is exactly 400 metres. You have man-made garden with little benches for couples to overlook the giant drain which had no water in it, and the signs state NO WALKING YOUR DOG (???) and NO SOCCER.

But it's cool cos it was 10ish when I went to run and there were nobody. There was however, a skinny girl who overtook me and got me kinda mad inside and I tried to keep up with her, but she stopped after 5 rounds and that made me feel a little better.

I actually like to run a lot. It gives me personal space to think of nonsense. And I will not hear of plugging anything in my ear during that 45 minutes. It's my own space at my own pace.

I realised with great horror that I have put back one of the 3 kg I lost when I religiously ran 4k five times a week during the exam period. And I figured it must be because of the hard drinking, ice cream, hello panda, fish and chip and steak and chicken cutlet.

So I punished my flabby body by running 5k. I could have done more, but I thought I better go easy on this piece of fatty meat after 2 weeks of indolence.

Anyway, I have to give credit to the Lee Hwa ad about how women needing no men to buy diamonds for them. Modern women can afford it. And because of that, I am a proud owner of the Barang Barang Papasan chair which I have been eyeing for two years, for no matter how much hints I give to the man of that moment, nothing happened. So, modern Hui bought it for herself. Now, today, it is sitting at the living room because there is no space to put it in the room yet, and it is indeed one of the most comfortable thing in the world. Because I bought it. Myself for myself.

But of course, if there is anyone who wants to bless me, there are couple of things at the moment which I can think of:

1. The Phantom of the Opera hardback from Kino which is in the classic red with gold letterings.
Books are great gifts. It makes that book special.

2. Ikea vouchers that expire not too soon.

3. Take me out for movies and pay for it but I will buy the drinks and popcorn.

4. Acrylic paint and easel and brushes and canvas. Never enough.

5. That fantastic acrylic cosmetic box which is transparent which makes it really cool to know exactly what is where, with little drawers and big drawers for your shadow pots, lipsticks and generous holding power for your creams at the top.

That's about all. Because for all other things, like my wardrobe revamp, will likely be accomplished from my HK Macau BKK trips.

Can't wait can't wait!

No comments: