Thursday, June 22, 2006

I realise how sucky the time difference is. When I wake up in the mornings, I barely have time to be online. And that is 2pm at home. No one's really online. By the time I get home and log on, it's 3am and no one is online again. I try to call people and they are asleep. And I do miss you. If only we could chat.

The only other call I can make is to Italy, though after these 3 months of struggle I am still struggling to wiggle myself out of the situation, especially now because of the extremely expensive IDD calls despite the geographical location.

Anyway my life is starting to settle down a bit. I just need my "permanent" home and I'm all settled. I love my first day at work. It's quite intensive with too much information thrown at me, but I like the idea how they EXPECT you to be intelligent. And I am working with a bunch of smart ass people. I've never really been in a company like that. I mean no offence really, but it's different when it's with a bunch of energetic twentysomething graduates plus some seniors who are even smarter. And the work in intense, but I will learn quite a lot from it. And pocket quite a reasonable amount of money, and add proudly to my CV that I worked for the largest financial institution in London.

And the fact that I can wear my very corporate looking clothes (without sweating like a pig), strut down the Central London CBD area where a lot more people are in suits and feel important. As it gets colder I will take my trench coat and boots out. Did I also mention I bought a leather jacket.

I am truly happy and have not regret for one second my decision to do this. I do miss home, but this is truly remarkable. And it's crazy to see how many people do this (Aussies, Kiwis, Americans) but Singaporeans don't. I cannot speak how much I am benefitting from this because this is all just starting, but I am so proud (and I cannot help but be haolian about it I'm sorry) that I am doing this and everything is going on well. I'm happy. And I know that you are happy for me too.

Weather: Chilly at about 17 degrees

No comments: