Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The italian penalty

Oh Aussies I feel so unjust for you. You put on a good fight, and had so much ball possession. You tried so hard, and the penalty wasn't even really justified.

But alas that is the beauty of the game. Human flaws because humans are flawed.

Oh Totti oh Totti, if you appear in my face, look at me with that intense passion you had in your eyes before you kicked the ball, I will just melt into a puddle of melted gelato. Or just float right up into the sky.

Watching it in a pub with my multi national colleagues wasn't so good an idea. When the scored I screamed out loud in joy and the Aussies just had the saddest most disappointed look in their face Even the English mates felt sorry for them. I felt guilty feeling happy about their loss.

But c'mon man. How can Italy not make it to the quarters? Let alone be knocked out by the Socceroos?

Impossible lah.

I love the World Cup. It makes my loneliness less obvious because I can just spend hours watching it. And before long you realise oh its 10. Wash clothes, iron clothes, shower, pack, make sandwich for lunch, write journal, study for test or go online and it's time for bed.

P.S. It's probably old news, but don't you realise you get treated better when you are nicely dressed in a suit? TMD STUPID SUPERFICIAL HUMANS! (but this is such a great excuse to dress up and look great)

No comments: