Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Le Fantôme de l'opéra



For any donkeys out there who still do not know my obsession with the biggest musical in the world, You Don't Deserve To be my Friend!



You should have guessed how my big round face lit up when I saw the heard the famous theme song, then followed by the trailer (It was in MBK's cinema). How my mouth opened and eyes widen.

When I stepped into the theatre yesterday, I was overwhelmed (I seem to like that word recently).

Note: I have never been to the musical. I first fell in love with the songs (Andrew Lloyd Webber you rock) and got the CD as a pressie long ago. And since then, I have listened to it at least 100 times. Could have guessed, I noticed every little differences in the lyrics/ dialogues. And Sarah Brightman, although you are not very pretty and getting fat, you still sing better lah.

And it was so cool, it's trying to do a checklist on what I have imagined it to be vs what was presented on screen, basically having the same expression which Christine had throughout the whole show (that wide eye in awe look), and even sang out loud here and there without knowing I did and kanna caught doing so.

It was honestly not perfect. But I'm not going to dwell on it here. In fact, I don't care. It's just like every little boy's dream of watching AVP on the big screen. Mine's this. Well although I would really love to be treated to Broadway and be seated right in front and have the whole shattered chandelier above me and all. I might just marry the man who do that.

And I would like to go to Opera Populaire, smell the 19th century air and sit in the horse carriage. Heh.

P.S. I think I am the only person in the whole cinema who cried in that show. No, there wasn't really any point in the show which is touching enough to cry for. But I am not the general public. I am Fantomhui. :D



P.P.S. The Fantom, got sexy mouth lah. I lurve nice mouths.

2 comments:

cheeky said...

How long is the show? 3 hours?

hui said...

hmm it took almost 3. or isit 2.5. around there