Monday, July 10, 2006

The Finals






It was good fun to watch the match in 'neutral' ground where there were both Italian and French fans. The atmosphere is really crazy - people were just chanting and singing their national anthem. And when zeezoo did the headbutt, the French cheered like mad, and the Italians cheered like mad at the same for the red card. So everyone was cheering at the headbutting.

It was so silly.

But it's fun to be with my colleagues and we were like 3 crazy chickens jumping up and down on the sofa (cos everyone was standing up and I couldn't see so I stood on the chair) during the penalties. People were just kissing each other - random people. But I didn't (un)fortunately because I was standing so high up.

And everyone went crazier after the match. People were dancing in the buses, people stood up in their cars and flew their flags, people honked and honked, people danced in the streets. I regretted not heading down to Little Italy - I would have been able to take some really crazy photos. But there were quite a few in the London papers today.

And there was a murder at the tube on Friday. Some 20 year old guy just pushed this 50something year old man down the track when the train was approaching. I don't even know if he knew the guy or not. Investigations are still undergoing - but it just sends chills down my spine at how easier you can die and how absolutely awful the way of dying.

No comments: