Monday, April 09, 2007

I remember writing an entry about how people who are so absorbed in reporting their daily lives on their blog right down to who they met at Zouk, the ba kut teh they ate at Havelock after, and about twenty thousand photos with different people with that same 30 degree tilt down sideway cheeky glance because that is their best profile? These people are the people I do not know how to speak to anymore. Because I know so much about their lives, too much details, so much that when I meet you and ask you how's your weekend, it's a dumb question because I already knew you were at Sentosa and it rained and you were sitting at the third bed on the right side on the second row with Tom, Dick and Harry at Del Mar. So in the wise WoW lingo, I say to myself, GG social conversation.

Worse, some people will you try not to read their blog so that you can have a conversation with them will tell you

aiyah go read my blog you will know already.
:silence:
me: erm, okay.

What else should I say then?

Thankfully, a lot of those bloggers have lost their initial bubble of energy and now updates about twice a year. Yay. At least we can talk.

But some blogs are truly interesting. Like you. You are so interesting I am going to read your archive from November 2003 just to understand how you have evolved. I appreciate your out of the world (okay, out of my world) style of writing. Some people wrote like you. No, some people try to write like you. But I can sense they were trying too hard. Trying to sound emo. Pretending to be cool. But you are writing in the I don't care if nobody understands. I don't. But I like it this way.

I'm reading you like a book. And trying to understand you as my friend. I probaby will never succeed. I never could handle people who are so artsy fartsy. Who are this artsy fartsy without trying.

This sounds hero-worship-ish. It's not man. You know it's not. Its not an infatuation nor a silly crush. It's just pure pure appreciation man. I appreciate your difference. I really like it. I'm glad we are friends. I'm glad you took me in at Nazi land even though I was a stranger and cooked for me. I'm glad you came to London and introduced Ninagawa to me at Shakespeare land. I'm glad we can still have our prata and teh in Singapore and allow you to wank the shit out and make me confuse. I'm really glad we are friends. I'm happy you don't know I know your blog. I'm happy I think you don't know about this blog.

No comments: