Saturday, February 04, 2006

club nostalgia/ mIRC



I wonder how many of you had fond memories of this. Yes this mIRC thing which was like the biggest hit like 8 years ago. And it must have lasted for at least 2-3 years for me.




For me, it was never a #cybersex shit, nor some #singapore #teens and do some silly introductions

remember the standard
hi
asl
16/f
schooling?

Not me. I actually got to know a whole bunch of crazy people who was as crazy as I was about band. We went for concerts together, chatted on the main channel night after night, buaya and kana buayaed. That was #band.

Some were nice, some were out to get girls, some were boring, some were friends for life.

So it is only when I met this old time friend who was also part of this elite group, and all the updates we tried to make of all those who kinda mattered, that I kinda recall how almost buaya I was at 16 17, counting the number of boys there were in my life.

Were you and XXX actually together?
XXX who?
Neh, that one that one loh.
Aiyo, don't rem how he look like
But he went to your place and fix your comp and all right? You guys went out alot what
Did we? Oh yah I think so. Yah he was tall. And he played the trombone. How does he look like? Was he cute? Can't remember leh.

And oh yah till death of internet do us part. Haha.

At that time, when you are one of the prominent figures, the moment you login, you will be greeted like old friends, get op-ed (Remember the @ in front of the nicks?) and it was such a happy thing.

Even though I was on dial up and I always lag (and I still always reply damn slow now) and chalked up too high bills when I was not on unlimited access. And then I used other's unlimited access to go online and then chalked up too much phone bills. I played it so often I don't even know how I managed to get into an okay JC.

I recalled my then bf even tried to check on me and used another nick to talk to me and see if I will flirt back. Heng I smart enough to check the /whois.

Remember how you compared your access list with others? If you can get access in your own school #, you are king of the world. People suck up to you to beg for access or ops. If you like them but not enough, you can give them a + in front of their nick, so their nicks rise up to the top but yet they cannot ban or kick people.

Such nostalgic memories. So silly to you who may be reading it and not understand. But how I wish all those people will get to read this. This shall remain very sweet memories of my adolescenthood.

And of all things, I'm listening to Dvorak Symphony No.8. How very very fitting for the atmosphere. Yah, third movement is damn nice.

No comments: