Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Curtain falls

I should mark this day as a date of considerable significance. Afterall, it's the day I leave for my first trip abroad across the continents alone to the "big unknown", the day I leave my first real job and join the ranks of the unemployed, the day you and I promise to close this chapter.

Would we, really?

I'm so amused in a sad sad way at the thought of how we would probably act at the airport, because it is not just the two weeks. And my parents will most likely be telling each other on the drive back,

"xiao one leh 2 of them. so hard to be apart then still let her go alone. she go thailand 4 mths also never lidat."

Waiting for the HR to call me to get my cheque so that I can request to go off earlier. I'm deleting away all the pictures I've stored in this comp, all the music, and everything that has made this computer me for a bit.

I remembered the bet we had on who will leave first. I first thought it would be Jo, then me, then Bok. Then I changed my mind a few months back and thought it will be me, then Bok, then Jo. But in the end, it was Bok who left first.

The gap between my desk and Jo's makes it kinda weird. I stare at the photo stuck to the wall we took a few months back and contemplated using a marker to strike a huge X over those who have left.

And realise that there are 2 people in the front row and 6 at the back. All 6 back rows are gone.
And now the department strength is 3.

I never thought I wouldn't have anything to miss at work. But I am quite wrong. There is nothing worth remembering, or missing, really.

Kinda suck that I'm feeling sick with cold and all. Bad way to travel. And I think of the long haul flight I want to faint already.

But it will be fun. I'm quite sure. For the worried sicks, sms me at my mum's no. 96910649 cos I'd be carrying her phone there. Don't call me please, unless in absolute emergency. Even then, I wun pick up unless you scream pick the bloody phone up. I will try to write and internet sms home.

No comments: