Sunday, February 12, 2006

Embracing me / Probably the worst "tell me about you" to say in interviews

I am ordinary. More ordinary than I'd like to be. I have a degree, but so does half of my other friends. And it doesn't say much about me neither. I may have majored in finance, but I don't know how to hedge. Or tell you the difference between swaps and futures. I never read the economist, FT or even Business Times. I don't even have honours.

I don't have any natural talents, neither did I work hard to make any. I can read musical notes, but can't play the piano properly. I was in a band, but I can hardly say I was good at my instrument. I can sing without going off key (too often), can harmonise and am not tone deaf. But I don't sound good.

I'm not ugly, but I'm not pretty either.

I can inline skate, but I can't even do a T break. I can swim but not even freestyle.

The only thing different (different, not extraordinary, just different) is that I game, but gaming takes me off to the fantasy world away from the truth. And that is just a buffer that has kept me going. It's sweet to think that I am the only girl in the world that understands, but don't lie, I'm not the only one who plays.

I have never really contributed anything to my jobs. I may be good with people, but it's all crap. Truth is I'm absolutely replacable. I may have friends who love me, but I'm sure they can live without me. I may not be suicidal, or overwhelmingly depressed,

but all the same, I am just ordinary. Too ordinary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trust me . YOU ARE NOT ORDINARY. No one is born ordinary. Everyone has his/her own unique qualities. Sometimes, it just takes events, time and situations to help you bring out these qualities.

MeLOdIe