Saturday, February 25, 2006

Motorbike taxis

Never mind the amount of carbon monoxide I had to breathe in, the layer of black soot that graced my face, the itchy irritation my eye had to suffer or the fact that I did nearly fall off once - and did it all in my very short mini skirt...

The exhilirating thrill of weaving through the typical Bangkok style jammed packed road wearing a helmet only fit for Larry's headspins and skaterbois through the smallest smallest gaps and onto the pedestrian walkway was fun enough. Let's not mention how quickly I managed to reach my destination, and oh yes the very illegal go up the curb right at a flyover to do such an offensive U turn against the traffic to get to where I wanted to go - Platinum Mall - the new MBK, but the very cheap thrill fact that you hate me to ride on it and now there is no one that can stop me from it.

Such self denial, but the feel good factor at that very moment - yummy.

So much so that I did it again for the kicks the next day - and I got the same guy to ride me there! How cool is that.

Bangkok, my Orchard Road.

No comments: