Sunday, December 17, 2006

Beautiful British Columbia



Greetings from Vancouver!

I absolutely dig this city. It is so beautiful, the people are so nice, the people are so diverse. And it is ranked number ONE in the most liveable city in the world.

TOP TEN
Vancouver
Melbourne
Vienna
Geneva
Perth
Adelaide
Sydney
Zurich
Toronto
Calgary
Source: EIU

And you know what? I can totally see why. And I can almost live in this city man.

The biggest plus point about Vancouver is the fact that there are beaches you can go to in the summer, ski slopes you can go to in the winter, and lots of forest and hills to trek in any season. And you can see the Pacific Ocean too.

All packed within that few kilometres. Not to mention, how beautiful it is to see the mountains right behind the city. It's amazing.

Apart from that, it is clean. There is no chewing gum marks on the floor. It's safe. When I was in a bar and heading out to the patio for a break (no smoking in clubs too) and I took my bag along, my friend said oh c'mon you don't have to. This isn't London. People are so into healthy living - they ride bikes, run in the parks, everyone's into exercising and healthy eating too.

(Plus point: the Chinatown ROCKS - I'm eating beef brisket (I missed it SO MUCH) for only C$4.75.)

And there is such huge support for the Arts, for sports, for culture. And Chinatown. Oh the Chinatown absolutely rocks. After being deprived from overpriced Chinese food in the little Chinatown in London (which well, is not too bad by standards), I was just blown away man. The variety of goods they have is AMAZING. And they have real green veges!

I had the privillege of being chaufeurred around the city in a Land Rover by a hottie. How much better can your trip be?

Yes, I love my life. Truly.

No comments: