Thursday, December 21, 2006

I love Alberta beef.



I had the BEST steak I ever had in my entire life. Today.

It didn't come easy. It was first aged in a meat locker under ideal conditions for six weeks. Ideal conditions mean that the temperature is maintained constantly between 36 and 38 Fahrenheit, the humidity must be fairly low, and there must be a good air flow around all sides of the meat. That's why they call it "hanging" - they don't strangle the cow, but they do suspend the meat so that it is well exposed to the air.

I had a prime rib cut that was just sooooo perfect in taste. It is medium rare, the way I like it, tender, full of flavor, sooo juicy.

It looks just like this.



It's just like what Lawry's Prime Ribs offer. No, it's not pork. I didn't know before too.

Alberta beef? I salute you.

No comments: