Friday, January 16, 2004

ADVERTISMENT BREAK: I SELL FLEAS

This Sunday (18th Jan), there will be a Flea Market in SMU from 10am to 6pm. Find everything and anything, there is like going to be more than 70 stores, selling from food to clothes to toys, anything imaginable. I'd be having a store there too! So do turn up and show your support to me and many others!

SMU is at Bukit Timah Road, old NIE campus next to Botanic Gards. Buses: 66, 67, 151, 153, 154, 156, 171, 186. Nearest MRT Newton.



P.S. I don't understand why people of my age like to go and become Insurance Agent (and even call themselves Financial Advisors). Yes money, commission yada yada. But really, especially those who are in the U, knowing that they will not going to have that job for long, still want to do it. Sure it's just another MLM for that matter, but it's not just selling a mop or a bottle of cream. Surely customers who bought your policies will still be able to claim should anything happen, but once you decide not to do it, you leave them in the lurch. They get new "advisors" (who do not get your commission but must do your shit work). To me, it's cheating. I spend my money and pour all my trust for you, and after a year you varnish. That's why even if I have any long term plans, I'm sorry, I would rather buy it from an Uncle who will send you pop up birthday cards every year with a default chop on the card than to buy from anyone who may be real eloquent but nowhere to be found when damsel is in distress.

Integrity. I don't think you guys have it.

Which is why even though I am in Finance now, I tell myself everyday if I should become a banker and even if I have 2 million Unit trust to sell by the end of the week I will not push it to anybody just because I need to meet my target if I know that it is not worth it. Grandmas put their life savings in your hands, you know? You don't let them fall apart because of some freaking sales quota you have to meet.

Why don't you guys go teach tuition or something?

No comments: