Thursday, January 29, 2004

Okay I admit I was really bored. Hence I went to friendster and clocked on friend's friend's friend etc. Clicked on my JC band ppl which linked to the current students, and the astonishing thing is, these kids really, really cannot write English.

"Fave Music: Mostly chinese, becauz i tink english songs real sucks"
"this ger ah.. very nice one.. same surname as me. hee!"
"Fave books: don't read one, mebe after mi a's lor, b4 i go ns......
"the preZ will somehoe find his stead in the junior batch.."

It's not about me looking down on people who cannot speak well. I mean, I'm not great at the language either. And I don't want to be overly judgmental, nor be too sacrastic, but really, it is no wonder why Anderson Junior College GP standard is waaay below national standard, despite being number six.

It's not about the irc lingo. I mean, you are like the elites of your batch, what, top 20% or something who made it to college and you say I tink english songs real sucks? And A level students who don't read, want to wait till NS? OMG.

I'm overreacting, but, can't they just..... be.....

No comments: