Thursday, January 22, 2004

Lunar New Year Day One:

Is it just me or do you feel kind of stress during New Year. It's not the usual questions like how old are you or if you have a boyfriend or when you graduating which is stressful but how you match up with your relatives. I'm sure I'm not the only one with successful cousins/ uncles/ aunts and people comment in such a way that you feel the need to live up to their expectations.

Like my Uncle who got his PHD, and his research might be practiced in UK as some Accounting Standard. Check out the news for a Dr Choong/ Chong. or his daughters, one who has graduated from NTU ACC and did her Masters already. She's just 3 years older and is now working at KPMG. Or even just my cousin who has like trophies and trophies from the debating team in HCJC, who happened to top PSLE that year. Or maybe it's my cousin in the remarkable London School of Econs. Anyhow, it's just hmm.

And people who say, Yah, SMU has direct honours, so if your result not good you won't get loh. And I just felt like raising my hand there and then and say erm yeah, I don't think I'd be getting my Honors, not even Cum Laude.

But other than that, it was just catching up, putting up with some fake smiles at places and hearing nice comments on how pretty you are. And my resolution for the moment is to hear them say next year: "Wow, you lost weight!"

Kakakakaka.

No comments: