Friday, March 30, 2007

Siem Reap . Ho Chi Minh

I realised I have not sat on a plane with someone I know that is going on the same trip as I am for more than a year, despite the fact that I have been travelling quite a bit.

The last time was probably to Bangkok. Like, in late 2005. It's freaking lonely to be on the plane alone, although I have learned the tricks of the trade and have gotten used to it, having flown about a hundred and six hours alone in 2006 and 2007.

So this time, I am actually quite excited. Somemore, travelling with the love of your life is definitely a different experience. Imagine the sunrise and sunset at Angkor Wat, braving the mosquitoes and flies and touts and beggars (I actually remember vowing not to return to Cambodia for 2 years because I was so traumatised by the amount of poor and handicapped people, despite the fact I enjoyed myself thoroughly), trying out Happy Pizza together (I'm so looking forward to that) and just hanging out, eating at not-that-cheap restaurants just because I am no longer POOR (hmm, poor yes, just not flat broke. But then, I've never been flat broke).

The biggest plus points are that
1. I am no longer a poor exchange student who has a poor boyfriend;
2. I will be stay in Le Meridien Angkor for FREE, (because shit jobs comes with perks I have to take advantage of) which looks like this:




3. I am finally going to Ho Chi Minh. I always wanted to go to Vietnam, despite the fact that HCM isn't the top choice, and this is just such a touch and go holiday which I hate (I'd love to spend a lot of time hanging out and experiencing the local culture), but given the fact that we are now 2 working professionals (me, still no money) with very limited holidays,

what more can I ask for?

19 days till the cow comes home, and 22 days to the "big" S.E.A trip

Yipeeeeeeeee

No comments: