Friday, January 31, 2003

I'M ALL HYPED UP

Not for the new year, but for a chance to go for an overseas exchange.

Have been thinking all the time of where to go and all that. I'm kinda inclined towards getting to Calgary cos' my Aunt's there with her family (migrated) and somehow it is a comfort zone for me to know that someone out there (nearby) will be there for me.

And that means I'd get to celebrate my FIRST real WHITE CHRISTMAS with a stuff Turkey! It'll be good to celebrate with them too, especially the 2 cuties. Get to ski and ice skate. blahblahblah.

Other issues involve are like the fact that I wanna go to some ulu, layback, slow, small town kinda (think: Smallville) place and not urban New York kinda thing. No doubt the fun level is there, but somehow I'm into this very different kinda lifestyle (Are you really so different, SMU? lol)

Ping, I could sense the not-very-sure-I-wanna-go-Canada feeling and I was just thinking, it's quite alright. It being a once in a lifetime thing for each of us, we should be able to go to where we want to go, when we want to go.

And I think going for an exchange would be more fulfilling, spiritually at least, cos you will be all alone, no friends, homesick, culture shock. The lack of comfort zone brings about your true nature, forces you to smile and make friends. No one said it's gonna be easy, nor will it always be great. Maybe I'd call home and cry that I want to come back, but I think that's the learning journey I want to embark on. I want to be able to go through all of that, so that at least I can turn back and remember those times, be it good or bad memories.

All this you can do with a friend too, but my point is it's okay if we don't go together. And I hope I don't have to go with a lot of people. And even if I do I do not wish to stick around with them too much. What's the point then?

Feels absolutely great about what I've just typed out, feels like I've attained nirvana.

Next step: Get chosen for the exchange. kakaka

No comments: