Friday, July 22, 2005

I thought my Commencement will end with a blast. Like if there isn't anything physically whambamslam, perhaps in my heart at least. Okay when he announced that my degree is conferred, there was a tiny electric current that ran through. Like yes, this is it. But it was really like a lidat loh. Even my throwing the mortar board dream is kinda blah. (We must still do the Sentosa thing ok!)

I cannot understand why people are so skeptical when I say that my ultimate goal is to become an academic. And when I say it is because I want to teach in the university, 8 out of 10 will say

Go NIE lah, teach Primary school kids, they very cute what

Yes they are. And no offence, but it is SO different. Why is there always the association? Why can't anyone just said oh really, that's nice. So by when would you hope to achieve the aim? Or just, well, good luck!

Goals are what that keeps people alive. I feel glad that at least I have a goal of some sort, with a lot of difficulty, but at least some intelligence. Imagine people saying, I wish I will stay healthy and happy forever. Or even worse, I wish I will not grow fat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember your goal and work towards it. It will help you to overcome difficulties and obstacles cos u know that you wan to achieve that something. =)

Mel