Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A very depressing entry

The MacDonald's ad was right. Pay comes quick, goes quick too.

A quick calculation tells me why

Fixed expenses
$500 - to be saved a month (which is what this magazine told me, pay * age)
$400 - transport (i'm on the go)
$65 - Phone bill
$100 - tuition loan (you know how long it's gonna take me to pay the whole freaking amount up!)

Total: $1065

Variable expenses
$132 - lunch on weekdays (and that is only counting $6 per meal, highly impossible)
$150 - dinner on weekdays ($10 * 15 days - cos some days I'd go straight home, but unlikely too)
$300 - Weekends (a very modest $75 for Saturday + Sunday!)

Total: $582

On top of that, I have to work out an amount to give my parents ($200? $300?) and pay for my gym membership which I have no idea how much it is yet. And my shopping? Where is my shopping expenses!! I can't buy nothing if I have $75 to eat and party and shop?!?!? for the weekend!

So tell me, what's the point of working? So when will I be able to afford all the Ferragamo shoes and Gucci bags? (Not that I want them that badly also lah) Sigh.

And I haven't even go into the rat race and chase the cars and the apartments. How to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. reading ur post makes me scared about going out into the working world. it's scary when you list down all ur expenses like that.

what do u mean its guaranteed we cant get the branded stuff when we start working!! :P