Monday, July 22, 2002

MY DAD'S PROUD OF ME

My sis was talking to him about some stuff which I wasn't listening to, but there was a part where it caught my attention:

" dad: why u wanna be like me? be like jie jie, she everything also try to do herself, find her own job earn her own money...

sis: she also always getting money from you what...

dad: where got always... you also get money from me...

sis: i too young to work what..... "


So heart warming....


CHOOSING MODULES FOR NEXT TERM

Seems like a BIG step from being the spoon fed freshmen to become a sophmore. No more preassigned course. Now have to plan own modules. :( Had to make sure the timing don't clash, get the slack prof, don't clog up my brain on a Monday morning. All those crappy stuff. In short, it's a PAIN to think and then having to BID for the module. Speaking of which, despite it being a very irritable thing to do, it's really kinda cool cos we at SMU get to bid for our own modules. We'll be given 100 e-dollars to bid for whatever we want via the school system so as to ensure fairness and not those first-come-first-serve nonsense. Just like the COE system, the top 40 or whatever no. of placing there is for that particular slot of module gets it. The catch is to spread out the money wisely and you get to keep the remaining money you don't bid, so some people like to keep for the next term kinda thing.

I sort of planned out my modules after much discussion with Michelle (and even planned out for Ping, but she rejected the offer rather violently. :P) Won't be with my friends for all modules, which is also what I wun wanna do anyway. We should seek to group with different people and not hide in the comfort zone with close friends. What do you learn?

No comments: