Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Read Sehsuan's blog and was just feeling a lil emotional. How long has it been since I last visited my grandma?

There seem to be like different phase in life that we experience with people whom we love and love us but we neglect.

Kiddo: Stay with grandma/ visit them every weekend. Play with toys and cousins. Have a lot of fun and memories and good grandma food.
Teenager: Thinks you are mature and too old to visit grandparents. That it is somewhat not an in thing to do, or just wanna be out with the happening group of friends on saturdays, and rather rot at taka square.
Now: Feeling guilty and sorry for the neglect.

And how much did I talk to her? Most of the time when I go there I was just sitting there watching tv. And even that made her happy. The fact that I drove my mum to my grandma's made her proud. She is so proud of us, me and my brother.

What kind of excuses do we give ourselves and to others when asked to visit grandparents lah, aunties lah, uncles lah. Too busy? Is it more like too lazy or just don't feel like it? Dread?

Sigh... Do we only feel it when that somebody is gone in your life?

I think I'm gonna visit her sometime this week b4 school starts. You guys should too.

No comments: