Monday, April 14, 2003

1 DOWN 3 TO GO

What else but the examinations. Today marks the end of my association with Quantitative Methods/ Management Science. God knows why SMU made all poor souls study this rather irrelevant to the real world subject that should have only been meant only for the engineering faculties. :D

It's a will-not-repeat module, I can more or less confirm, but I don't think I will do that well. Give me a B, I'll be on Cloud N9ne.

Intermediate Macroeconomics is next up, at 9am tommorrow morning. The only subject this semster that I really liked. Bless me everyone. lol


I MA SCHOLAR

Yesterday I went to collect my scholarship award of 1/2 grand from my Zhong Clan (Zhong Shi Gong Hui), where all the Zhongs in Singapore gather and be happy. It's like a little getting back to with my roots. Realised that one of the first to start the clan is my Great- Grandfather, in the pictures, he is like the one sitting right in the middle, so proud!

Everyone was in awe and admiration of his descendent (me & my dad), or rather, just the:

OH, you are XXX's descendent!. No awe, no admiration la.

It's quite fun to be there, though there was a tad of awkardness for not knowing people around there. But I was proud of my roots, even though I know nothing much. And when they spoke in Hakka, I understood zilch. :(

And I realised my dad is part of the committee too, because the committee is sort of passed down through blood relations.

And while the clan is like old and a little unhappening to most of the people of our age, I'm quite happy, and wouldn't really mind going there. They have some funny social dance classes and karaoke classes. Like so cute right!

Guess I passed the age of embarrassment of being at places too unhappening or obiang, something like some VJC girls in Life! yesterday who insisted that it is so embarrassing to carry a water bottle to school at her mummy's insistence on prevention on SARS. In national papers somemore, I think she is ironically buey paiseh.


A RATHER EMBARRASSING DREAM

Disclaimer: I am no fan of the belowmentioned guy.

I dreamt of Jay Chou! Yeah start laughing, I'm no teenage freak who is gaga over him okay? I dreamt that he was my elder brother, and we were like all eating together with my dad and mum and my real brother at MacDonald's, then people were like staring and crap. Then there was that retarded service crew who attended to me and ask if he was really my brother and I said yes and she gave me like huge portions of the order and was all gigglish and stuff.

I think it's just because I was reading some magazine about MTV awards and his stupid picture was there.

Please stop laughing now.

No comments: