Monday, June 17, 2002

MOUNT OPHIR



School's organising a trip to Ophir. Sad to say I have yet to been there. Sua ku.. It doesn't sound bad at all, and it cost only $60 all in all. It's those kinda things which you will remember that you do as a student. Should I go? I dun mind, if I have company.. :D

Got the itienary, typed it out but then got erased unfortunately when I accidentally click a link and this page jumped. Now I'm too lazy to type it again. It's 3 days 3 nights btw, u get a bus ride to JB, train ride to Senagat, climb up, go summit, climb down, and back.

The mountain is said to be the home of legendary Princess 'Puteri Gunung Ledang' once wooed by the Sultan Malacca. The mountain is a favourite among local mountaineers in search of excitement and adventure. The Sagil waterfall at its base is a favourite spot for picnicking.

Crystal clear river water and breathtaking waterfalls in tranquil, unspoiled environment beckon visitors to this area for a cooling bath or simply a quiet rest. Various amenities, including rest sheds, dressing rooms, camping sites, foodstalls and car parks are provided here. There are also tracks leading to the summit of Gunung Ledang.



source

Should I go?

No comments: